AS9100D is a technical specification aiming to the development of a quality management system for the Aerospace Industry.
Much like IATF 16949, it provides for continual improvement that emphasizes defect prevention, variation reduction and supply chain waste.
AS9100D fully incorporates the ISO 9001 standard.
Click here to view certification
Benefits of Being AS9100D Certified
"The Improvement Standard" with ISO 9001:2000 as the basic quality management system, organizations achieving certification to AS9100D receive dual benefits.
First, they benefit from the process approach, with emphasis on continuous improvement and communication. This means that the organization knows, understands, and practices a philosophy that is committed to quality in all actions, never settles for “good enough” and understands the dynamics and interactions that exist between the various processes that make up the quality management system.
Secondly, the added requirements of AS9100D, although prescriptive in nature, are based on proven techniques that further enhance an organization's ability to achieve high quality levels in the challenging automotive sector.
AS9100D Certification Offers the Following Benefits:
- Improved product and process quality and reliability.
- Improved on-time delivery.
- Greater emphasis on supplier quality improvement.
- Single quality system registration meets multiple customer quality requirements.
- Incorporates best lessons learned from global automotive segment.
- Improves staff morale through increased management efficiencies.
- Continuous improvement of business performance through ongoing certification audits.
- Bottom-line benefits include increased efficiency, reduced waste and better resource utilization.